Design Engineers / Senior Design Engineers (Embedded Software)
We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for Embedded Software Design Engineers to join our talented software development team at ABB Oy, Distribution Solutions Business Line in Vaasa. In this position, you will be developing technologies, products and solutions for ABB's Business Units globally. You will work in an agile development team of protection and communication products creating value for your internal and external customers as part of a world-class team of professionals.
• A challenging position in a global R&D team working in the front line of distribution automation products
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• The opportunity for professional development.
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field
• Solid knowledge and experience in embedded development and C / C++ programming
• An innovative and creative attitude
• A customer-oriented way of working
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have
• Experience in real-time operating systems and agile development methods
• A good understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols and IEC 61850 standard
• Good written and spoken communication skills in Finnish.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68271817 by September 15, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Teemu Välisaari, tel. + 358 50 334 2064.