Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a dedicated Design Engineer at ABB Power Grids Oy, Transformers business line in Vaasa.
This is an opportunity to work with engineering challenges in an international project environment. In this position you will
be part of the order delivery process of the most complex and demanding transformer and reactor designs that the
industry has to offer.
- In this role, you will be responsible for design of economical, mechanically sound active part structures that cover also the DFM aspects.
- Main responsibilities are the design of windings, core, active part assembly and design of internal connections.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- To be considered for this position, we require B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical engineering. It will be an advantage if you have 3 - 5 years’ experience working in similar position.
- Good understanding in electrical engineering, manufacturing and material technology. Understanding of mechanical engineering is seen as an advantage.
- Skills in Autodesk AutoCAD and/or Creo Parametric or similar parametric 3D design tool.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Finnish and English.
- On a more personal level we hope you can work systematically and also be able to work independently and as a member of a team.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
We offer a challenging position in an international working environment. Opportunity for personal development and to
further your career in a global company.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI72297186 by December 23, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, please contact Jarno Halmeenpää, Engineering Manager, at +358 50 334 7645 / firstname.lastname@example.org