We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Distribution Solutions unit in Vaasa. In this position, you will develop software for protection relay application functions and embedded systems. You can be recently graduated or professional with years of experience.
• Developing protection, control, and measurement algorithms for protection relays
• An exciting position in a global R&D team working in the front line of distribution automation products
• A unique insight into the evolution of distribution network control and protection
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• The opportunity for professional development
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical engineering or information technology
• Knowledge of measurement technologies, digital signal processing and algorithms
• Ability to implement algorithms by programming
• A true interest in keeping up with research in protection relay technology
• Fluent communication skills in Finnish and English
Ideally, you have
• Proficiency in Matlab and C programming language
• Knowledge and understanding of simulation environments like PSCAD, OPAL-RT or RTDS
• Understanding of the IEC 61850 standard
• Knowledge of embedded systems
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI67168720 by March 26, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Timo A. Ahola, tel. +358503344142.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com