We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives in Helsinki. You will be responsible for designing, dimensioning and verifying the main circuit and power electronic components and circuits of variable speed drives.
• Providing technical solutions for power electronic systems and components
• Participating in the system design of drive projects as well as system level verification and production ramp-up
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The possibility to grow into an electrical design expert as part of an international team
• The opportunity to further your career in both technical and other career paths
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in power electronics or electrical engineering
• Competence in designing power electronic systems and components, including
- PCBA design
- power electronic component dimensioning
- system design of electronic and power electronic parts of variable speed drives
• Fluency in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Experience in similar tasks
• Knowledge of ABB frequency converters, in particular main circuits
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66399166 by September 30, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Jari Mäkilä, tel. +358 50 33 22200.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com