We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Design Engineer for System Drives at ABB Oy, Drives in Helsinki. In this position you will be the application owner of our product quality data analysis tool as well as develop our Failure Analysis reporting tool. We are looking for a person who has strong knowledge in handling databases, drive to handle large amounts of data and skills to organize it into an understandable shape and form so that useful information can be extracted from it and translated to product improvements.
• Planning, scheduling and developing tasks related to System Drives quality tools
• Designing reports that extract and analyse available data and creating a user friendly interface
• Analysing the available data and translating it into product improvements
• The opportunity to develop state of the art quality monitoring and data gathering tools
• Strengthen your knowledge of SQL, ERP tools like SAP, MS SharePoint services, Power BI tools and linking these systems
• The opportunity to analyse vast amounts of data and develop more efficient ways to do so in order to extract product improvement ideas
• The possibility to work in a global environment supporting organizations around the world
• The opportunity to learn about production testing systems on a detailed level
• M.Sc. in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or other equivalent degree
• Familiarity with the basics of statistical analysis
• Knowledge of databases (SQL), MS Power BI tools, MS SharePoint services and SAP
• Knowledge of production testing systems
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English, Finnish language skills are an advantage
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of electronics and power electronics measurements
• Knowledge of ABB’s frequency converter product offering
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64661439 by May 31st, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Jonas Strandell, tel. +358 50 3329222, or Vesa Tiihonen, tel. +358 50 3328926.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com