We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Design Engineer (electronics) to join our talented hardware development team at ABB Oy, Distribution Solutions unit in Vaasa. You will be working in R&D, developing analog and power electronics. In this position, you will cooperate with other functions inside ABB and be involved in every stage of the design process, from requirements to final product testing in production.
• Developing analog electronics and switching mode power supplies
• Developing and maintaining electronics for protection relays
• Providing R&D support for other ABB functions
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• A rewarding role in a global R&D team working in the front line of distribution automation products
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field
• Background in analog and power electronics
• Experience with switching mode power supply designs
• An understanding of EMC design rules
• Experience with electronics design and simulation tools (e.g. Cadence, PADS)
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• A few years of experience as an analog designer
• Good problem-solving and teamwork skills
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64597342 by May 6th, 2018.
If you have questions, contact Tuomo Rintamäki, tel. +358 50 33 43150.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1122828
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Vaasa