We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Design Engineer (electronics) to join our talented hardware development team at ABB Oy, Distribution Solutions unit in Vaasa. You will be working in R&D in the electronics team developing protection and communication products. In this position, you will cooperate with other functions inside ABB and be involved in every stage of the design process, from requirements to final product testing in production.
• A challenging position in a global R&D team working on the front line of distribution automation products
• The opportunity for professional development
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field
• Solid knowledge of electronics
• An innovative and creative attitude
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of switching mode power supply designs
• Experience with electronics design and simulation tools
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64597342 by May 13th, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Tuomo Rintamäki, tel. +358 50 33 43150.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com