We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be working in our software engineering team for embedded software. We offer you an opportunity to utilize and develop your professional knowledge with our range of technically challenging and rapidly growing solutions for energy production and industrial applications.
• Software development from the specification phase to maintenance
• Embedded C/C++ development
• Fourth-level pre- and after-sales technical support for customers as well as for our internal organization
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in software, electrical, electric power, or automatic control engineering
• A few years’ relevant experience
• A customer-oriented, flexible and team-oriented mindset
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Experience in frequency converter applications, industrial automation or control engineering
• C++ programming skills, especially with embedded software and agile software development methods
• Hands-on experience in automated unit testing or automated system testing.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64218389 by February 28, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Janne Jurvanen, tel. +358 50 332 2173.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees. www.abb.com