Design engineer, SoC
We’re looking for Engineers, SoC ( digital design (RTL) ) to be part of our design teams where you will be working with latest FPGA and SoC based technologies for Nokia 5G-NR (New Radio) and LTE base stations. Your tasks will be to design and implement IPs or subsystems to SoC or FPGA in an IP reuse way of working.
Focus areas for your work would be related to:
• 5G Layer 1 IP design and implementation on the world leading System-on-chips based on latest technology ASICs and FPGA’s
• 5G L1 IP development, fixed-point modelling of IPs, and fixed-point performance verification
• Working with experts of different areas to ensure most competitive solutions
• Cooperating with system engineers, verification, HW/SW development, suppliers and other relevant functions to solve technical issues
• Supporting HW/SW bring-up and debug
More detailed planning of your role in the team will be done based on your current skill set and interest areas.
Requirements for this position (you should have something from there):
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Pro-activity, problem solving and communication in multi-site R&D environment.
• Well-motivated and innovative to design/implement new 5G IPs and/or subsystems.
• Good knowledge on RTL design and/or modelling (VHDL, Verilog, Matlab, C++, HLS).
• Understanding on ASIC, FPGA or low-level SW development.
• Big bonus: Wireless/telecom receiver/transmitter algorithm understanding radio standards, like 5G, LTE, WiFi.
You don’t need to master everything, but you should match to at least some of the above mention key words. And finally, do you have an ambition to become 5G L1 SoC expert?