We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with world-class technology in complicated product development projects, as part of a highly skilled team.
• Dimensioning and designing the main circuit and power electronics of AC drives
• Specifying verification tests and analyzing the results
• Creating design documentation
• Performing research for new components and topologies
• Cooperating with subcontractors
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• M.Sc. in power electronics or a related field
• Knowledge and design experience of electrical drives’ main circuit components
• Experience in the product development of power electronics
• Experience in simulation and knowledge of circuit simulation software
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of industrial electrical installations, wind turbine drivetrains, fuel cells and/or DC grids
• Experience in phenomena related to electromagnetic compliance (EMC)
• Knowledge of gate driver design
• A good understanding of printed circuit board design
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65252300 by June 25, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Tommi Liukko, tel. +358 50 332 3931.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com