We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an Electronics Design Engineer or Senior Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be working on complicated product development projects. This position offers you the opportunity to work with world-class technology and the possibility to grow in many design-related areas, like reliability, system design, manufacturing or project management.
• Defining, designing and testing frequency converter electronic systems
• Focusing on integrating circuits together using digital circuits like FPGAs
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity to increase your knowledge in many design-related areas such as manufacturing, reliability and system design
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• An M.Sc. in electronics or an equivalent degree
• A few years’ experience in printed circuit board design
• Experience in digital electronics design using microprocessors, FPGAs and memory circuits
• Familiarity with Mentor PADS, Electronics simulation tools and MS Office tools.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Experience of signal integrity, VHDL coding and embedded system design
• Experience in measurement circuits.
• An understanding of frequency converter main circuits
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64730124 by August 26, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Anssi Kämäri Mon-Fri noon-6.p.m. , tel. +358 50 332 3200.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com