We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. In this position, you will have full responsibility for ABB Drives’ PCBA functional testers. You will have ownership of the test platform and continuously improve the solutions used. Position is temporary and working period lasts until end of September 2019.
• Managing new tester design projects from tester suppliers, and also take part in their design and review when needed
• Providing support for PCBA testers that are in use in the field
• Taking part in the commissioning of test systems, going on-site when needed
• Managing global test capacity forecasting for PCBA test needs
• Working closely as link between multiple stakeholders in cross-functional work environment
• Performing data analyses / SPC quality monitoring to identify issues requiring actions
• Demanding but rewarding tasks in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further develop your career in a global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electronics or electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent
• Several years’ experience in the development of functional testing for electronics
• Excellent knowledge of NI TestStand and LabView environment
• General knowledge of different programming languages and scripting
• You are a goal-driven proactive self-starter who is a flexible team player and fast learner
• Willingness to travel globally
• Good communication skills in both Finnish and English
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of ABB Drives products
• Experience in Boundary Scan test design
• Quality know how and Six Sigma training
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65041022 by September 16, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Juha-Matti Holappa, puh. +358 50 332 3955.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com