We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Design or Senior Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be working in our Order Based Engineering team as an electrical engineer and designer. In this position, you will work in close cooperation with our customers, sales, R&D, product management and production. In the core of this role is designing the cabinet-built-in variable-frequency drives (VFDs) based on customer orders. First and foremost, we are looking for a good match with our team, a person with the right attitude and willingness to grow into this role.
• Ensuring that we can deliver quick results and design quality to our customers
• Coordinating project schedules and ensuring that quality and mechanical engineering tasks are done in time
• Working in close cooperation with a team of electrical engineers and mechanical engineers
• Assigning tasks to mechanical engineers
• Participating in customer and production meetings
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical engineering or an equivalent degree
• Several years’ experience in a relevant field
• Understanding of database electrical engineering systems such as ePlan
• Experience in SAP or other ERP tools
• Experience using AutoCAD
• Good MS Office skills
• Fluent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64743494 by July 27, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Jarkko Mattila, tel. +358 50 332 4186 or Joni Puistomaa, tel. +358 50 332 3614.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com