We are searching a Design Engineer to work with communication protocols and Ethernet based networks for our client ABB. Are you looking for engineering role where you can provide accurate and efficient solutions for clients? If you are a persistent problem solver and have a good understanding of Ethernet and TCP/IP from your studies, previous work experience or hobbies, you might be the person we are looking for! Read more and apply now!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You are offered
* Excellent opportunity to further your career in a global company
* Support of a highly-motivated team
* International and professional working environment
As a consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future. Read more about our offer.
You will be part of Distribution Solutions department and working together with experienced developers from R&D unit. Your main tasks relate to problem solving in Ethernet local area networks. This includes customer communication, communication system topology studies, relay and switch configuration checks and sometimes reading communication logs.
* Problem solving together with the customer
* Modeling and replicating Ethernet network problems in lab to solve them
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Relevant academic background (e.g., Automation, Computer science, Electronics)
* Done a course or project in Ethernet and TCP/IP
* Basic understanding and willingness to learn C
* Know-how in programming real-time operating systems
* Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Competence in Finnish seen as an advantage but not required in this role.
As an employee you are
* Problem solver
* Persistent and systematic
* Collaborative and communicative
* Start: According to agreement
* Duration: permanent contract with Academic Work with the possibility of recruitment to ABB
* Location: Vaasa, possibility to work remotely
* Contact details: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from ABB that all questions regarding the position is handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. ABB Distribution Solutions develops, produces, and sells protection relays for the electricity distribution network and control, automation and monitoring equipment.