We not only have ambitious goals, but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: for us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Design Engineer, electronics at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be working in the Global Service Center (GSC, FI) Product Engineering and Quality team, ensuring technical life-cycle support for all products under the responsibility of Product Group Drives and Controls Service. You will be working closely with suppliers (mainly EMS), quality personnel and technical product managers. We are looking for a results-oriented person with good people skills, comfortable working simultaneously on several tasks.
• Change management and implementation until productization
• Outsourcing and managing engineering work
• Following up on the availability of electronic components
• Technical component selection
• Managing production testers
• Following up on suppliers, sourcing and purchasing
• The opportunity to build your professional network and develop your technical expertise
• A role as a global key player in the Drives aftersales
• The opportunity to develop your technical expertise and soft skills
• The opportunity for career development in aftersales
• M.Sc. or B.Sc. in electrical or electronics engineering
• Relevant experience in industrial electronic design and productization
• Understanding of the principles of electronic component selection
• Fluent written and spoken English skills
• Results-oriented mindset, not afraid of decision-making
Ideally, you have
• Fluent written and spoken Finnish skills
• A general overview of industrial applications and automation systems
• Experience with low-voltage drives
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64675156 by June 17, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Anttijussi Salminen, tel. +358 50 33 22462.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com