to join our Claims and Demurrage team in Espoo, Finland.
We have a medium size team of experts working in Claims and Demurrage. Our team is responsible for providing loss prevention and claims handling services globally to all business units. We also develop and maintain clear processes, templates, instructions and
cooperation models for claims handling.Your part in Neste’s journey
In this role, you will
• Prepare and issue demurrage claims, support demurrage invoicing and collection processes
• Evaluate legal and contractual validity of the demurrage claims received from owners, customers and suppliers
• Negotiate and settle disputes
• Consult and train internal partners in demurrage matters
• Participate in contract drafting by commenting laytime and demurrage clauses
• Improve contracts and charter parties, both from economical and legal point of view, by communicating and giving relevant feedback to traders, chartering and contracts teams
You will work closely with sales, supply, chartering and contracts teams to protect businesses against contractual risks and ensuring that demurrage claims are handled in an efficient and timely manner. Your role is to handle demurrage claims and to support
internal stakeholders in all demurrage related matters. You report to Manager, Claims & Demurrage.Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
• Suitable education e.g. Business, Maritime or Law studies or similar skills acquired through work
• Previous work experience in shipping or trading operations or similar
• Good legal argumentation and communication skills
• Detail oriented, systematic and energetic approach
• Fluent English and Finnish, both written and spoken
We also value
• Knowledge of international oil, energy and/or commodity business
• Previous experience in demurrage claims handling
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique. We believe
everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. Our three values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” are embedded in our everyday work. Working safely and responsibly at all times is essential to all of us.
If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application. Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children.
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Claims and Demurrage Manager, Liisa Ropponen, +358 50 458 9051 on Wednesday May 5th during 9:00-10:00 (EET) or on Thursday May 12th during 14:00-15:00 (EET).Please submit your application, CV and salary expectations by May 16th, 2021.
The recruitment process will include interviews and possible aptitude tests.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.Our success begins with you.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,800 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling
the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people,
communities and societies around us.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions
and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable. In 2021, Neste placed 4th on the Global 100 list of the most sustainable companies in the world.
For more information, please visit neste.com.