We are looking for a Data Scientist who is self-motivated, well-organised, and an excellent analytic problem solver. This is a great opportunity to get involved in a dynamic and disruptive technology environment. The appropriate candidate has experience with “big data” processing mechanisms and tools, including for data storage (e.g. Hadoop, Spark), data governance of structured, unstructured and semi-structured data and skills in developing AI applications through machine learning methods. Our ideal candidate is a team player and communicates effectively with others, is self-starting and able to finish what is started.
As a Data Scientist, your role will include analysing and validating data, doing quantitative and qualitative analysis, reporting and creating AI models with machine learning.
In order to succeed in this role, we expect you to:
- evaluate data quality
- mastering the following programming languages or techniques: Python, R, SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Linux
- conduct analysis and communicate findings and insights to business unit leaders and/or clients on healthcare clinical outcomes
- interpret results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining
- connect the data to the business processes
- data mining, data mapping and process development
- identify issues related to data, data sources, and processing
- create AI applications with machine learning
- excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- passion for promoting standards and best practises
- experience and ability to lead a team
- good communication skills, spoken and written English is a must, Finnish is an advantage
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or relevant work experience
- familiarity with data structures and algorithms, service-oriented architectures, relational databases, data warehousing is desirable
- data-analysis-adjacent software skills
- strong SQL experience including knowledge of data relationships and structures
- proven analytical skills with the ability to review complex data, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- understanding of large-scale relational databases
- keen to work with both customers and developers
We offer you:
- Competitive salary, meal benefit, and comprehensive health insurance
- Interesting tasks with a variety of learning and development opportunities
- Annual personal education budget
- Financially sound and internationally growing company
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely
- Casual atmosphere in a modern company. Our working language is English
- Support of expert-level colleagues in a dynamic working environment
Our recruitment process:
Our process is lean but thorough. There will be at least two interviews and potentially a home task or technical test.
Our culture is built on respect, quality and curiosity with low hierarchy. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on everyone around them. This is a good opportunity to become a member of a rapidly growing company that offers great benefits, advancement opportunities, and a positive work environment.
If you find this appealing, please submit your application along with your CV and salary request with subject Data Scienist to jobs[at]avaintec.com no later than 22nd of January 2021. For further inquiries, please contact People Operations Manager, Fatbardhe Hetemaj +358 44 553 4333. Note, we’ll start interviewing interesting candidates immediately as applications drop in.