We are now looking for a
to join our Data Science team at Metsä Tissue Espoo.
What do you get to do?
As part of our Data Science team you will play a key role in supporting our business by providing data driven decision making and finding new opportunities. Additionally, you will drive data culture in Metsä Tissue’s organisation.
Our team is a brand new within Metsä Tissue and you will have a good opportunity to influence how the team operates. The team will work with different organisations and business functions such as sales, operations and supply chain, and possible cases could be customer insight, recommendation engine and pre-emptive maintenance to name a few.
Your responsibilities include:
- Being an out-of-the-box thinker who is passionate about brainstorming innovative ways to use our unique data to answer business problems.
- Analyzing data to support business decisions and finding new opportunities.
- Analyze data to discover patterns, find opportunities, and develop and apply innovative algorithms.
- Focusing on the development of advanced analytics models to solve underlying business problems
- Working with business stakeholders to translate business goals into technical solutions.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for a self-driven Data Scientist who is hungry to learn and find solutions. You have a deep understanding of regression modelling, forecasting techniques, time series analysis and machine-learning concepts, such as supervised and unsupervised learning, classification and random forecast. Developing machine-learning algorithms, statistical and mathematical optimization models, and simulation and visualization tools is nothing new to you. You are able to work collaboratively in a team environment and fluent in explaining technical solutions to different business stakeholders.
In order to succeed you:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics or engineering
- Have a relevant experience of collecting, analyzing and interpreting large volumes of data
- Have experience in data analysis, statistics, Bayesin and machine learning
- Are Fluent in a scripting or computing language (preferred Python or R)
- Are fluent with SQL, experience in non-relational databases is an advantage
- Like storytelling, have good presentation skills and ability to communicate complex content and findings to stakeholders in the organization
- Are fluent in English or Finnish
What do we offer?
The consumption of tissue papers and grease proof papers is growing worldwide. The results of the work of Metsä Tissue employees affect millions of people every day, making everyday life easier and more hygienic. Find your spot among our top professionals!
What is it like to build a career at the continuously developing Metsä? Call us and we'll tell you more.
Your future manager Joonas Kukkonen, Director, Data Management (+358 40 772 9942)is happy to tell you more about this open position. The best time to reach him is on 1.9. at 14-16 or on 9.9. at 9-11.
What happens next?
If you think you might be the person we’re looking for, go ahead and introduce yourself. Share your story and tell us what drives you. Details of any previous work, portfolios, open source projects and e.g. GitHub repositories are highly regarded.
Submit your application using the link "Apply". Include your CV, cover letter and salary request. The search is open until 13.9.2020.