Elisa Data & Analytics department is responsible for development of large scale analytics to various Elisa’s business needs. We value the data, are focused of learning how to serve our customers better and want to produce experiences in our customers’ everyday life.
Do you approach programming with a passion and want to get to direct development work in line with your own vision? Do you have a mastery of different kinds of modern development environments and solve even large problems in an agile manner? Do you know databases and API design like the back of your hand? Are you always ready to try out something new and can easily take new technologies on board? If you recognised yourself, there could be a fantastic place for you in our team, where the pace is fast but work is always done with a twinkle in the eye.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a Data Scientist for the Elisa Data & Analytics team to work together with our talented Data scientists.
Your main project would be designing and implementing various Machine Learning models related to Elisa’s various network and production needs. These complex systems require skills from networking, data integration, architectural design and strong hands on experience.
In the job, you can use your talents in a creative and versatile way right at the heart of our company. You can get to make choices independently and direct development work in the right direction in line with your own vision.
What to expect? Flexibility comes with responsibility. We believe in giving employees freedom to choose the best way to perform their tasks. You'll never be alone. We got each others back, and we constantly learn from each other, seniors and juniors working alongside.
Your future team members are working around Finland, so we truly believe in working from wherever you get the best results.
What we expect from you:
- An enthusiasm and a desire to take responsibility for the progress of projects and get things done in a challenging and diverse work environment
- Strong experience of Big Data analytics, ML modelling
- good understanding of networking technologies is a bonus.
- Excellent proficiency in analytics, databases and experience with some the following: SQL, Apache Spark, Python, R
- A self-starting, open and quick way of doing things and the ability to inspire others through your own actions and attitude
- Several years of experience of working at a Data scientist tasks and over five years of work experience in demanding Analytics tasks
- The ability for both independent planning and decision-making
- Good interactive skills and fluent proficiency in English (and Finnish is a plus).
We offer you:
- The opportunity to get to directly affect the everyday life of Finns and the customer satisfaction of Elisa with your work
- Nice colleagues
- The chance to get to build up the Data & analytics unit into a top-class analytics team and change Elisa’s way of understanding the customer
- A flexible and energetic work environment
Elisa is one of Finland’s best places to work, by proof. We highly appreciate our extremely flexible working conditions, the endless learning opportunities and the friendly and laid-back culture, among other awesome things. Welcome to join us and see it all for yourself! You can also take a peek at #elisalainen on any social media to see what everyday life looks like for an elisian.
Interested? Leave your contact information through the link beneath as soon as possible! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask Antti on Antti.Niittymaa@elisa.fi / 045-6700123.
Please note that the chosen candidate will undergo a legitimate security clearance due to the sensitivity of information that is being handled in this job.