Interested in the Fintech space? We’re seeking a technically savvy data scientist with a strong nose for data and a will to change the world!
Nets Merchant Services is a leading payment solutions provider in Northern Europe. Our services include payment terminals, card acquiring and e-commerce and basically everything that has anything to do with international card acceptance.
Nets Group handles payment solutions, information services and digital security, with one of Europe’s most comprehensive and innovative product portfolios. Merchant Services serves more than 300 000 merchants and by signing an agreement the merchant can handle payments through Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB and UnionPay. Merchant Services has about 450 employees in Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo and Helsinki. Learn more on www.nets.eu
Ready to join our growing Customer Intelligence and Campaign team?
This role is an opportunity to become acquainted with all aspects of Nets Merchant Services from the acquiring business to the terminal business. The data scientist will report to the Head of Customer Intelligence and Campaigns in Oslo and support the team in identifying, tracking and evaluating retention campaigns of high commercial value in our merchant portfolio companies, as well as providing assistance in overseeing and driving improvement in retention and churn prevention activities.
The payment industry is undergoing a lot of change and we are looking for the right candidate who likes complex intellectual challenges, coupled with real commercial application - if you’re an exceptional candidate, please apply.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Conducting a variety of merchant behaviour analysis, using Machine Learning or other statistical methods, throughout merchant lifecycle; from onboarding to departure
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Performing ongoing data quality review with various internal stakeholders
- Preparing presentations and decision supporting analysis
- Ad hoc competitor and market surveillance
- And much more
We’d Love It If You Can Tick Off All Of The Below
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science/Finance or Sciences field
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks participation in Kaggle competitions is a plus
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Possess a high attention to detail and produce zero defect analysis
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, and an additional Nordic language is a plus
We are excited about people who are
- Team players above all, but also able and willing to work independently
- Curious by nature and tireless in exploring all options to create zero defect analysis, that you present as actionable decision proposals
- Excited and energetic and who actively engage with colleagues and are equally at ease on all levels of the organization from the boardroom to the mail room
- Crazy about creating results for Nets Merchants Services
- Proactive, results-oriented and structured in your approach
- Able to joggle many tasks of different complexity, duration and urgency
- Madly in love with making things happen
- Persistent, focused, analytical and responsible
We can offer
- We’ll offer you a dynamic and exciting professional environment with great opportunities for professional and personal development.
- The role is a full-time position and may be based in Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen or Helsinki, depending on where the best candidate for the position is based.
- Competitive salary, pension and insurance schemes
- Challenging tasks that contributes to both professional and personal growth and development
- The opportunity to be part of a company recognised by growth, innovation and development
- A thriving environment characterised by team play and informality
- A variety of activities within sports, culture and the social arena
The Customer Intelligence and Campaign team is a Nordic team with head of the department based in Oslo. You can be located either in our Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen or Helsinki office.
We want you to be on board as soon as possible, but we'll wait for the right candidate. Please apply as soon as possible, we'll review applications throughout the process. Final application deadline is the 31st of January 2018.
Questions? Please contact recruiting manager Ricardo Gonzales at M: +47 90 40 89 37.