Data Scientist to Tampere or Espoo
Alkuperäinen julkaisupäivä 14.10.2020
We are looking for a Data Scientist for our client company in the industrial machinery sector. In this position you will play a key role in finding and implementing software solutions for industrial technologies. This role is a great opportunity to level up your skills in data science and to learn more about industrial machines. If you are an outgoing person with a can-do attitude and have some demonstrated skills in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., R, Python), you might be a good fit for this position! Read more about the position further and apply today!
ABOUT THE ROLEAs a Data Scientist you will implement digital solutions for the industrial machinery sector. Your responsibilities include working with analytic algorithms, analyzing data and creating new parameters according to the needs of business owners. Utilizing your strong analytical and software skills you will create user-friendly solutions. The work requires close collaboration and communication with different internal shareholders internationally.
You are offered
* A challenging and interesting position in a global company
* A unique role combining IT-solutions and industrial technologies
* Experienced, capable and supportive team
As a consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future.
* Collaboration with the business units, and proactively finding analytics solutions to the business needs,
* Development of predictive models and deploying them to production environment (mean-time-to-failure, product recommendations, anomaly and failure detection, optimization, forecasting etc.
* Improving the data and analytics methodologies and capabilities,
* Visualizing and communicating the findings to the stakeholders
* Management and monitoring of the performance of the models and data accuracy
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Relevant academic background in engineering / IT (i.e. machine learning / data science)
* Previous experience project environments and working with data
* Some hands-on experience from using Python, R or Scala
* Strong data-driven thinking and ambition to develop your skills
* Fluent English skills
Any additional language skills as well as previous experience of big data-analysis (i.e. Apache Spark, Azure Databricks) are considered as an advantage.
If you have a portfolio, please attach it to your application.
As a person you have:
* A proactive and cooperative attitude
* An analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
* Willingness to learn and deepen your understanding
* Start: As soon as possible
* Work extent: 12 months, a possibility to extend
* Location: Tampere (or Espoo)
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. All questions regarding the position is handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase