Data Scientist Summer Trainee
Are you interested in applying your Machine Learning knowledge to complex business problems?
We at Neste Business Process Leadership Center of Excellence, are excited to offer you an opportunity as Data Scientist Trainee to join our Intelligent Processes & Analytics Team.
Our team is at the forefront driving self adapting business processes at Neste. We have developed Advanced Analytics platform with real time analytics in place with data from several sources at Neste and we continue to extend our capabilities to Predictive Analytics, NLP, Machine Learning and RPA.
Your responsibilities for the summer job
In your role, you will:
- Research Machine Learning algorithms for problems like predictive maintenance, demand prediction, anomaly detection
- Build ML solutions by coding in Python
- Visualize and document your findings
The keys to success in the summer job
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your summer success. We also value people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills.
In addition we see that the best combination of experiences, skills and background in this position is:
- Knowledge of Analytics & Machine Learning concepts
- Knowledge of ML libraries, such as Keras, H2O, scikit, Tensorflow, etc
- Well versed with Relational databases like Oracle, MySQL as well In-Memory databases like HANA and interest in Cloud Technologies like AWS, Azure and GCP
- Programming skills in Python or R
- Applicable academic degree (B.Sc. or M.Sc.in Technology or other relevant)
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
For us it is important that the summer job supports your education and is valuable for your future career. We are committed to offer you a comprehensive induction at the beginning of the summer and you will have a nominated mentor through the summer. We also arrange many events for our summer trainees to enhance collaboration, networking and comprehensive understanding of our business.
Your salary will be determined based on the complexity of the task, the skills and experience required for the job, your relevant previous working experience and the number of course credits you have from your studies.
Summer job takes place in Espoo.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The summer job recruitment process may include a video or phone interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site interview. Please note that due to the large number of applications we are unable to answer phone enquiries. Please send questions related to the recruitment process to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application letter and CV at the latest by 16.2.2020.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a possible drug test. If required, a security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.