Data Scientist / Engineer
We are looking for a Data Scientist/Engineer to join our team developing telecom data analytics solutions
You would be a Data Scientist / Engineer to complement our analytics solutions development team. You will be working alongside our other data scientists, analysts, and telecom engineers, who have combined their skills to develop new groundbreaking solutions for telecom industry. The team is responsible in developing solutions to support mobile operators’ technology strategy, network design & performance optimisation, customer experience and customer value assurance. Our projects often involve handling large amounts of network and customer data, building statistical models, automating the solutions, and creating interactive data visualizations. Our office is in Helsinki, but there are also remote working options once your role and responsibilities have been ramped up. You have also options to travel to interesting customer assignments around the world, together with your team members.
• You have already some experience in one or more of the following:
o Programming based data processing, Statistical data analysis and regression models (e.g. Python, R)
o SQL and Data engineering skills, (managing big data pipelines, knowledge in cloud architecture e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
• Knowledge in the following fields are also seen as a benefit to your work:
o General level knowledge in Telecom data analytics or mobile network technologies (UMTS/HSPA/LTE/5G). Deeper knowledge is considered a strong benefit.
o Advanced machine learning (e.g. Gradient boosting, Neural networks)
o Data visualisation tools (e.g. Qlik, Tableau, visualisation libraries like Matplotlib, Bokeh)
• You have good written and spoken English
You as a person:
• You can be Statistician, Computer Scientist or Telecommunications Engineer fresh out of school, or you can be more seasoned professional with several years of work experience under your belt. We can tailor the position according to your strengths and experience.
• You have M.Sc. or B.Sc. level education on Data Science, Telecommunications, Computer Sciences, or equivalent
• You are highly motivated in developing your skills in the fields listed above, even if some of the fields are not yet your strongest competence
• You are a person who stands behind your promises, has good team working and communication skills and is eager to help your colleagues and customers.
We offer you a fast-paced and inspiring work environment in an internationally operating company with a long heritage and strong financial backing. With Omnitele you will find motivated, driven and very professional colleagues, with a strong culture for collaboration and a passion to serve and provide value to our clients.
If you feel you are the talent we are looking for, please apply online and send your application with CV and salary request as soon as possible, but no later than by 31.3.2020. For further details please contact: Rauno Huoviala, Director, Solutions & Services Development, +358 40 554 6343 on 12.3. at 12:00-14:00 and 24.3. at 9:00-11:00.