SSAB is committed to ensuring that all of their employees, customers and other stakeholders data is protected and that their work complies with data protection legislation. Were seeking a Data Protection Officer to lead and manage SSABs privacy program, to ensure compliance with relevant data protection laws, and serve as the main point of contact between SSAB and data protection authorities. If you are looking for an interesting and versatile role in data protection field, read more and apply!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Data Protection Officer you will be the main point of contact within the organization for staff members, regulators, and relevant public authorities on issues related to data protection. You will evaluate the existing data protection framework to identify areas of no or partial compliance, and rectify any issues and develop processes. Important part of your role is also to plan trainings and provide data protection advice to staff members.
You are offered
* Interesting job duties and responsible role in the field of data protection
* Possibility to develop and bring your expertise to the company
* Possibility to be part of the global company
* Flexible way of working on site and remotely
* Leading and managing the companys privacy program and acting as the chair of privacy management team
* Providing in-house advice on privacy, privacy by design, data-sharing, and transfer of data
* Deliver training across all business units to staff members who are involved in data handling or processing
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Few years of experience in data protection compliance or related field
* Experience in a legal, audit, compliance, information / cybersecurity or risk management role
* B.Sc / M.Sc in computer science or equivalent
* Know-how in data protection laws and practices, including deep understanding of GDPR (CIPP/E or similar certification seen as an asset)
* Excellent organizational, communication and management skills
* Full work proficiency in English (fluency in Swedish and/or Finnish is a strong plus)
* Start: According to agreement
* Work extent: Permanent
* Working hours: Full time
* Location: Panuntie 11, Helsinki / Remote
Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from SSAB that all questions regarding the position are handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
SSAB is a global steel company with a leading position in high-strength steels and related services. SSAB's vision is a stronger, lighter and more sustainable world. SSAB aims to be the first, in 2026, to offer fossil-free steel to the market and largely eliminate carbon dioxide emissions from our own operations in around 2030.