Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we –
Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality.
We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä global IM (Information Management) integrates processes, systems and information to support
Wärtsilä business organisations to achieve business targets. Together with a world leading partners Wärtsilä
IM constructs a competent international ICT organisation. For development minded person, Wärtsilä offers
an opportunity to shape the future of its ICT environment.
The Data and Analytics team is recognised as a catalyst for Wärtsilä in the journey to become a data driven
enterprise. The team is responsible for the total lifecycle management of data warehousing systems,
machine learning & advanced analytics solutions, front-end reporting applications, as well as for process
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Platform service. You may have experience from this
area, or you have background on software development and plans to move into world of data and analytics.
If you have proactive mindset, “can do” attitude and willingness to continuously learn the new technologies,
this position is for you. Programming might be also what you do on your spare time and we are interested to
hear your own projects. We offer a unique opportunity to join a team of highly skilled professionals and take
part in building state-of-the-art digital products with a mixture of open source and commercial tools.
In this role, you will be developing data extractions, loads and transformations on AWS based data platform
both in data lake and data warehouse. The key for success is the close co-operation with business
stakeholders, architects and data scientists to ensure that business requirements are fulfilled. You will be
designing solution architectures and participate creating roadmap for the platform together with team.
Support and maintenance for the data platform is part of the role as well as servant attitude for supporting
platform users with their issues.
- Developing and deploying data transformations using in database procedures
- Developing and deploying data extractions using AWS services, python and docker containers
- Developing and deploying data loads using AWS data lake and serverless tooling
- Support and maintenance for data platform
- Strong background in data engineering or software development, with minimum 2 years' experience
- Advanced SQL skills including procedures, analytical queries and query performance optimization
- Experience with Python (Pandas and data processing), docker containers
- Experience using git and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in developing data flows and databases
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Lambda, s3, Redshift, CloudWatch, IAM, DynamoDB, API gateway, Glue, Athena, Serverless framework, Terraform)
- Customer orientation
- Fluent in marketing and selling ideas and solutions to the stakeholders
- Very good in documentation and presentation skills
- Good collaboration and change management skills
- Proactive, development-minded, independent and goal-focused attitude to work
- Fluent written and spoken English
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in relevant discipline such as Computer Science or Engineering
In Wärtsilä IM you can put your talent and experience into play. We are offer you a position with global reach
to make an impact in our industry for the future. We are a diverse crew sharing and being inspired by
common vision of good corporate citizenship. Wärtsilä IM foster inclusion and collaboration in our working.
More in detail, Data Platform service will offer you the possibility to:
- Take part in building cloud-based data platform solutions using the latest technologies.
- Work together with a great team of highly skilled professionals.
- Work on meaningful tasks and solving real world business problems with real data.
Join us to write the best chapter in your book!
Possible location for this position: Helsinki in Finland
Applications at www.wartsila.com/careers latest by 3.3.2021
Tuomas Syväjärvi, Service Manager, Data Platform
Mobile phone: +358 4005 95351
Jarkko Pukkila, General Manager, Data and Analytics Services
Mobile phone: +358 50 5853350
Last application date: 14/02/2021