At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Are you interested in working in the core of Lifting Businesses and digitalization? Konecranes’ vision is to know in real time how millions of lifting devices and machine tools perform and use this knowledge around the clock to make our customers’ operations safer and more productive.
We at Konecranes Technologies organization are responsible for common core lifting components and concepts used in product designs, digital solutions that make our products smarter, and IT services that we use to run our harmonized and integrated business processes. The expertise of our people is wide; from IPR and Innovation Management, through Research, Design, Analytics and AI, all the way to IT Service Management.
Digital Platform Development team is responsible for the development and delivery of Konecranes Industrial Internet Platform. Konecranes Industrial Internet connects, gathers, analyses and presents data from Konecranes build equipment and from global field service IT systems. Industrial Internet services provide insight and transparency for customer as well as information that can be utilized in crane design and preventive maintenance.
As an Industrial Internet Data Engineer you are responsible for operating and supporting our industrial internet data from the device configurations to the equipment behavior data. You will participate on designing the new cloud based datalake solution and provide support for the transition work from the current database. You will be responsible for the integrity of the data and the performance of the database solution on short and long term.
You will work in multiproject, multicultural environment in global company.
The Industrial Internet Data Engineer reports to Timo Harjunen, Director, Digital Platform Development, Konecranes Technology
What we expect from you
You have experience on operating modern database and datalake technologies.
Your responsibilities include:
- Daily maintenance and development our DB or Datalake solutions
- Ensuring data quality and the performance of the Datalake
- Ensuring backup practices
- Help our development teams, subcontractors and stakeholders with access to the data or by helping with queries or providing the right datasets
- Co-operation with stakeholders such as Konecranes IT and Business units
In order to succeed in this position, you are expected to have:
- Suitable education, Bachelor degree level preferable on IT
- Previous experience as database administrator or as cloud datalake administrator
- Experience on RDBMS like MSSQL or MySQL
- Experience on AWS cloud technologies like S3, Redshift, Dynamodb
- Knowledge of/Curiosity to learn the data analytics
- Understanding of the challenges in IT/IoT/Industrial Internet environment
- Open, curious mindset willing to learn
- Good communication and language skills, good English, both spoken and written is required
- Willingness and ability to travel time to time
We offer you a possibility to work with Industrial Internet and digitalization initiatives at world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports, and terminals.
For further information, please contact Timo Harjunen, Director, Digital Platform Development, firstname.lastname@example.org, p. +358 40 6204820.
Please apply by May 22, 2018 via www.konecranes.com/career or the link