Data Engineer – VR Passenger Traffic
Would you like to have a job that makes a difference? Join our team and help serve 1,8M customers (22M travelers annually) better and save the planet meanwhile! Finland’s second biggest webstore, over thousand trains per year and a multimillion business makes sure that there is enough data to do that.
Data is a core component of future travel and VR has invested heavily in data and advanced analytics. We use data for enabling a personalized customer experience, optimize business and planning processes in addition to helping product development and service design. Our team consists of BI Developers, Data Scientists, Customer Research Specialist and Data Architect, in addition to consultants.
Why should you apply?
In our team you will be able to develop both technically (modern technology, sparring, conferences, courses) as well as through growing your understanding of the business. agile development and in an experimental culture. We have built a data and analytics platform in AWS cloud and data is flowing real-time. The team shares a common curiosity of technology and the desire to do something that helps millions of travelers. Our team got an AAA-rating in a satisfaction survey and we like our new sparkling headquarters in Iso Paja, Pasila, Helsinki.
- Essential role in data wrangling and enrichment to enable use cases
- Key responsibility in data quality development and assurance
- Develop our logical and physical data model
- Develop tools for BI Developers and Data Scientists
Who are you?
- you have an MSc in computer science or equivalent skills
- required skills: SQL, Python, general understanding and hands-on experience in AWS (e.g. S3, DynamoDB, Batch, Lambda), relational databases, data models, and ELT
- skills that are considered an advantage: Snowflake-database, Apache Nifi, AWS Glue, AWS Athena, Cloudwatch, Spark
- you have experience in DevOps-work and tools (Git, Confluence, Jenkins)
- you swear in the name of agile development
- you are a proactive team player
- you are business and target-oriented: you like challenges!
- Finnish-language skills are an advantage but not required since team language is English
I will start going through applications immediately so don’t hesitate to make yours rather sooner than later.
Annika Nordbo, Head of Data and Analytics, 041 441 0053