Data Engineer, VR FleetCare
Data is a core component of maintenance and VR has invested heavily in data and advanced analytics. We use data for optimize business and planning processes and manage our day to day operations better. Our team consists of BI Developers and Data engineer. Now we are looking to add a Data Engineer to our team. We have moderns cloud based tools in AWS and we use PowerBI as a visualizing layer.
You would be part of the analytics team that is part of FleetCare’s business development and the whole team reports to the Vice President of Business Development. Business development team as a whole is responsible for, in addition to analytics, FleetCare’s strategy, business development and project portfolio management. Team’s location is at the VR Headquarter in Pasila at Iso Paja.
Why should you apply?
In our team you will be able to develop both technically (modern technology, sparring, conferences, courses) as well as through growing your understanding of the business. agile development and in an experimental culture. We have built a data and analytics platform in AWS cloud and data is flowing in real-time. As our team and tech are top-notch, so is our new headquarters in Iso Paja, Pasila, Helsinki.
- Essential role in data wrangling and enrichment to enable use cases
- Key responsibility in data quality development and assurance
- Develop our logical and physical data model
- Develop tools for BI Developers and Data Scientists
- You have an MSc in computer science or equivalent skills
- You get well along with SQL, Python, AWS (e.g. S3, DynamoDB, Batch, Lambda), relational databases, data models, and ELT.
- You have experience in DevOps-work and tools (Git, Confluence, Jenkins)
- You have an agile development -mindset
- you are a team player
- you are interested in business and you like challenges!
- Finnish-language skills is mandatory
Giving you an advantage
- Knowledge of Snowflake-database, AWS Glue, Cloudwatch, Spark, Power BI, AWS Sagemaker
We offer you inspiring work in a globalising work environment, and a work community with an innovative spirit. In your role, you will have the opportunity to be part of VR FleetCare’s growth story and success. VR FleetCare offers its staff great opportunities to gain skills, learn and develop. In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive healthcare benefits, we support sports and cultural activities and trips around Finland for our staff.
For more information, please contact Altti Väisänen, Vice President, Development, email@example.com 040 862 5576 or Tuomas Savikangas, Head of Data Development and Management, firstname.lastname@example.org 040 484 2681
Please submit your applications and CV at the end of 31.1.2020 via the attached link.
VR FleetCare is a multibrand maintainer of rolling stock that is a subsidiary of VR Group. We offer our customers rail fleet maintenance and life cycle services for sustainable transportation in the Nordic and Baltic region. Our focus is heavily on the future and our guiding principles are continues improvement as well as investment in technologies. VR FleetCare has over 1000 employees and a turnover of over 200 million Euros. www.vrfleetcare.com