Data Engineer, UPM Energy
UPM Energy Oy
We are now looking for an enthusiastic Data Engineer in our Energy IT & Digitalization team at UPM Energy. This position is located in Helsinki, Finland.
What you’ll do
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining, developing, and building data architecture, data modelling and data-driven support for stakeholders in our Energy business area. Working in a small team, you are also responsible for the management and provision of energy market data, as well as the standardization and documentation of the data.
Your goal is to create the data infrastructure in a simple and efficient matter. Writing complex queries that make data easily accessible, work smoothly while optimizing the performance of the company’s big data ecosystem and many other analytical and data driven solutions. Become a part of our mission to go Beyond fossils!
Your main tasks are:
- Owning and managing our day to day database operations within our data backbone to make sure they are performed smoothly, including the monitoring layer
- Translating business requirements into data structures and data requirements
- Ensuring integrating of new data assets into the systems and developing views/ tables
- Supporting the transferring of existing market data to our new cloud based database solution
- Transferring models and integrations to new environment
- You oversee the daily flow of information including our reporting landscape
- Developing data reporting and visualization
Who you are
You are an analytical person who enjoys solving complex problems and delivering end-to-end solutions. You have a hands-on mentality and feel committed to the goals and deliverables of the team.
- You have a Degree in Information Systems, or another applicable domain
- You are a hands-on professional with experience on cloud technologies, tools and architecture
- You have experience on high volume data processing, modelling and database design
- You are also familiar with databases (Snowflake, Oracle, SQL server) and reporting
- You have experience in programming (PL/SQL, Python etc.)
- Knowledge of the Nordic electricity market or Energy commodities is seen as an advantage
- You communicate fluently in Finnish and English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
The position is located in Helsinki, Finland.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. For further information about the position please contact Barona IT’s Lassi Jyrinsalo (040 7628992).
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.