Data Engineer - Content Visibility
Zalando Finland Oy
As a Data Engineer in the area of Content Visibility you will work in a high-impact role at the core of the company's personalization systems. Your team will provide a high challenge–high support environment requiring a positive mindset and ability to give and take constructive feedback.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Responsible for design, development, roll-out and maintaining robust data pipelines which back our recommendation systems
- Work with applied / data scientists to develop and productionize predictive models
- Create tooling to automate the extraction of features from Zalando’s data volumes
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor or Master degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and deploying software in a production environment using Scala/Java, Python and SQL.
- Understanding of distributed systems, software architecture & agile development.
- Familiarity with Big Data frameworks such as Spark, Databricks, Flink, Airflow, Map/Reduce, Hadoop, or Solr
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.