Data Analyst, Procurement
We are looking for a self-guided, results oriented and collaborative person as a
to join our Data Analytics, Development and Process team at Neste Procurement.
Data Analytics, Development and Process team in Neste Procurement is responsible for developing and maintaining the platform for enhanced Procurement Data-Driven Decision Making. Our team is responsible for data management, analytics and performance metering of the key processes - sourcing, purchasing and supplier management. We are also responsible for the development of global procurement tools, practises and processes.
Our team is an ambitious, dynamic and agile team of analytical mindsets with various experiences and backgrounds. We are highly committed to take Neste Procurement to the next level by providing modern tools & solutions as well as a holistic view on Procurement data to value adding operations together with our stakeholders. We are already on our journey from laborious descriptive analyses towards the culture of data driven decision making including predictive and prescriptive analytics. We are evaluating opportunities of exploiting fast pace developing technologies like machine learning, artificial intelligence and beyond.
Your part in Neste journey
In your role as a Data Analyst you will work with all Procurement teams, our suppliers and cross-functional stakeholders.
Your work consists of
- Creating and maintaining self-guided analytic tools e.g. category dashboards, supplier scorecards and performance monitors for our Procurement community
- Managing and maintaining the data flow from different internal and external sources
- Developing and maintaining robotic process automation (RPA) activities
- Participating in the end-to-end procurement tool implementation
- Participating in assigned development projects
Continuously seeking for improvement is important in this role and we expect you to contribute actively to our Analyst community at Neste.
The keys to success in this role
The best combination of experience, skills and background is
- Master’s degree e.g. in business, engineering, supply chain management, analytics, data science or similar
- 3 years of work experience from business or data analyst role (or similar comparable relevant work experience)
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, gather requirements, identify pain points and translate them into technical solutions
- Good understanding of how to turn data into understandable graphs and visual tools for end-users
- Previous knowledge of creating visualizations with self-service analytics tools (PowerBI)
- Working knowledge of a statistical scripting language (R, Python, etc.)
- Previous knowledge of working with databases and good skills with SQL are preferred
- Strong communication, presentation and networking skills, proactive approach on tasks, ability to challenge and willingness to drive change
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency and fluency in Finnish and English, both written and spoken
We also highly value
- Proven track record in delivering excellent results
- Positive drive and passion for data driven decision making
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of procurement and business analytics tools and applications
- Understanding and experience of Procurement and its processes such as Requisition-to-Pay, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. Our three values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” are embedded in our everyday work. Working safely and responsibly at all times is essential to all of us.
If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children
Work locates mainly in Neste headquarters in Keilaranta, Espoo.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process or the position, please get in touch with Manager, Data Analytics, Development and Processes Taru Lindfors, tel. +358 50 458 4986.
Please submit your application and CV by October 24th, 2021.
The recruitment process will include interviews and possible aptitude testing.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Our success begins with you.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,800 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable. In 2021, Neste placed 4th on the Global 100 list of the most sustainable companies in the world.
For more information, please visit neste.com.