Are you an analytical tech professional looking for new challenges? Do you want to
work in a flexible, easygoing work environment with international colleagues? We are
looking for a Data Engineer to join LocalBitcoins Compliance Team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You are offered
* The opportunity to work in a revolutionary and new industry
* A relaxed, dynamic, professional, and international work community
As a consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future.
As a Data Analyst your tasks would include:
* Analysing LocalBitcoins customer base and behaviour from a Compliance point
* Supporting the company in further developing and automating its existing
customer profiling, segmentation and monitoring processes
* Developing data-driven key performance indicators for Compliance-related
processes, as well as validating particularly the technical implementations related
to the said processes
* Strengthening the Compliance Teams internal processes, among others, by
building standard data reports, implementing data visualisation tools for
management reporting purposes, as well as automating data gathering from and
reporting to other internal and external stakeholders.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Good analytical and problem solving skills, ability to make truthful conclusions
* Knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
* Experience of processing, analysing and interpreting data using Python and Python based data science libraries(e.g. NumPy, Pandas)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, English is our working language
Following are considered a plus
* Previous experience in AML or other regulatory matters/ regulated financial field
* Academic degree in relevant field( (e.g. IT, law, finance))
* Finnish language skills
* Experience with Django based web development
* Previous experience of cryptocurrencies or interest to work within the field
* Experience with big data tools, and in-memory database like Redis
* Knowledge of statistical modelling, machine learning algorithms and model deployment
* Start: When a suitable candidate has been found
* Work extent: Permanent
* Location: Helsinki
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It
is a request from our client company that all questions regarding the position are
handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment
process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
LocalBitcoins is a person-to-person bitcoin trading site. It allows people from different countries to exchange their local currency into bitcoins. LocalBitcoins also provides a web wallet from where you can send and receive Bitcoin transactions. The company, headquartered in Helsinki, was founded in 2012 and has since grown to over 8 000 000 registered users from all over the world.