Customer Account Lead - Defence and Security
Form of employment: Full time, Regular
Locations: Espoo, Finland, Tampere, Finland
Job area: Sales and business development
Application period: Friday, May 17, 2019 - Sunday, June 02, 2019
We are looking for an experienced and skilled Customer Account Lead who will lead Defence and Security customer sales. In this demanding and interesting role you will be leading VTT’s commercial operations towards named customers and customer groups and you will also develop offering and manage sales pipeline both with international and domestic customers. We are looking for a person capable of and motivated to transform research findings to business opportunities and help our customers succeed.
With us you will be responsible for
- Analysing opportunities for VTT to better support customers business success, driving for a strategic position in the eyes of the named customers, matching customers’ challenges and opportunities with VTT excellence
- Planning sales activities for the named customers and customer groups in defence and security field
- Building and motivating virtual sales teams among researcher community in collectively gaining a clear understanding of VTT business environment
- Contributing to defence and security research offering creation and service models together with other stakeholders
We expect you to have
- Strong track record in managing strategic customer relationships, selling complex projects and creating new businesses globally
- Experience in value based sales and business development, business analytics skills valued
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to develop adequate understanding of VTT-wide technological excellence that match customer needs to create impact
- Experience in working with defence and security industries, defence forces and/or other related customers and stakeholders
- An academic degree, preferably related to ICT, electronics and/or sensing
As a person you are
- Team-player with strong collaboration and networking capabilities
- You have a strong business acumen and passionate about finding solutions for customers
- Result-oriented, proactive and you have a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable working with the scientists and building business opportunities in a multidisciplinary research organization
Our people are the core of VTT. Therefore, our personnel’s wellbeing and development are our key priorities. You will be a part of an innovative and inspiring working community and we offer you versatile and challenging tasks and wide development opportunities.
With us, you can make an impact for a better future and you can be part of solving the biggest challenges of our time.
For further information
For more information about the position, please contact Mika Toikka, EVP, Commercial Operations (tel. +358 40 660 8265) on Friday 24 May, 11-12 or Wednesday 29 May 15-16.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV with your salary request as soon as possible, however by June 2 2019 at the latest.