Corporate Patent Attorney
We are looking for an experienced and motivated
Corporate Patent Attorney
to join Neste's IPR department in Porvoo or Espoo.
Neste is the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues. In addition, we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. Innovations are crucial to Neste’s success in both short and long term.
Neste’s IPR team is responsible for the development and management of Neste’s IPR portfolio. It also has global responsibility for the IPR support of Neste’s business groups, business platforms and Innovation organizations.
The role of a patent attorney at Neste is exciting, demanding and constantly evolving, in line with the transformation and growth of the company. We offer a unique opportunity to work at the nexus of technology, businesses and IPR in a global leader that is built on innovation with a mission to find the fastest routes towards a healthier planet.
Your key responsibility will include:
- Working with Neste’s inventors to identify innovative technology assets,
- Supporting the creation of invention disclosures,
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications,
- Contributing to the management of Neste’s patent portfolio
- Driving post grant proceedings when required.
Neste’s IPR function is deeply integrated with the Neste businesses and its priorities are driven by Neste’s own strategic priorities and ambition. We are the trusted partner of Neste’s business units, and you will have the opportunity and the challenge to support and advise business organizations and R&D teams for all matters related to IPR, including:
- Strategic IPR advisory,
- Due diligence for M&A and venturing,
- Partnerships and collaborations,
- Business landscape assessment
- Risk mitigation.
In order to succeed in this role, the best combination of experience, skill and background is
- Excellent educational background to degree level or beyond in chemical engineering, or other domains of relevance for the energy, renewables and environment fields.
- 5-10 years of practical patent experience in a relevant industry or in a patent agency serving the industry
- Excellent communication and networking skills,
- Business acumen and ability to interface with business stakeholders
- Capacity to perform under pressure and uncertainty.
- Ability to foster compromise and drive decisions involving diverse stakeholders.
- Fluency in oral and written English. Command of Finnish will be a plus.
- A full EQE qualification is a plus, but we will also consider candidates with an outstanding professional experience as patent engineer or examiner in the relevant industry and who are working towards qualification.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination that includes a drug test. Security clearance is obtained for the person with their consent.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please get in touch with Mr. Roberto Castagno, Head of IPR, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (+358 40 3380534) on Thu, Oct 29th, 2020 at 11:00-12:00 EET or on Wed Nov. 4th at 10:00-11:00 EET.
This search is conducted together with our partner Boyden Finland. The applications shall be submitted to Boyden Finland through the website: www.boyden.fi/finland/submit-cv-and-register/ by November 8th, 2020 at latest. Please mention the title “Neste CPA” in the headline of your cover letter and CV.
We believe that it is the task of each generation to leave its children a healthier planet. To succeed in this we create responsible choices, everyday – choices that enable people to live a more sustainable life and consume fewer natural resources.
There are roughly 4400 Neste employees in Europe, Asia and North America. We are the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, and we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. We are looking for the best professionals in their respective fields – people who have the will to make the world a cleaner place to live.