Coordinator, InSTREAMS project
Coordinator's fixed-term assignment in the InSTREAMS project (1.11.2019 -31.12.2023) funded by the Academy of Finland and the University of Oulu.
The University of Oulu has a short-term assignment from the Academy of Finland and the InSTREAMS project funded by the University of Oulu. The InSTREAMS project is one of the projects that strengthen the profile of the University of Oulu and its research strategy. The project's fixed-term basis is the project.
InSTREAMS is a multidisciplinary research program aiming to integrate knowledge to anticipate challenges in sustainable value chains. This is achieved by linking value chain analysis to basic research and technology development. The vision is to actively contribute to the move towards clean production ecosystems of the future by identifying and solving key problems with the help of high-quality research. Further information can be found in English (https://www.oulu.fi/instreams/) and in Finnish (https://www.oulu.fi/yliopisto/fokusalue/kestavyytta-luovat-materiaalit-ja-jarjestelmat/profiloivat-teemat).
The tasks of the coordinator include:
- planning and implementation of the project's activities (cross-cutting and multidisciplinary research and other activities) together with the project leader, steering group, recruitment teams, research community and a wider university community
- contact with the faculties (research coordinators and research service managers), the research units under the project and the University of Oulu Graduate School (UniOGS)
- contacts with other universities in Finland and abroad
- design of InStreams project communication planning
- planning and monitoring the project budget together with the director, steering group and controllers
- preparation of the meetings of the Steering Group and the Protocols, and
- participation in key national and international meetings and science policy events relevant to the project
Required skills and experience:
Successful handling of the task requires:
- a doctoral degree or soon to be finalized degree, in relevant field, a good knowledge of one's discipline, experience in multidisciplinary research communities and international working communities;
- excellent interaction skills;
- excellent organizational and time management skills, and
- strong and smooth oral and written presentation skills in Finnish and English.
As an advantage is also considered:
- pedagogical skills and education and other language skills
The assignment is placed on the level 9 – 11 of the demand level chart for other staff of Finnish universities. In addition, a payroll based on personal performance is paid, up to 50 % of the salary per employee.
Leave your application on the electronic system by 5.12.2019 at 23:59 (Finnish local time) at the latest.
Attach into the application:
- Curriculum vitae according to guidelines of the Finnish Board on Research Integrity: https://www.tenk.fi/en/template-researchers-curriculum-vitae
- Motivation letter (up to 1 page) asking the applicant to open the academic and other work experience described in the CV in relation to an open position
- Short English description (up to 1 page) where the applicant describes important tasks and measures initially projected, which he/she would initiate and promote as a coordinator for the InStreams project
- other attachments that you consider to be relevant to the fulfillment of the task
This position is to be fulfilled from 1 January 2020. The assignment is subject to a six-month probation period. The best candidates can be asked for an interview.
Further information: Professor Harri Haapasalo tel. +358 40 5182275, e-mail: harri.haapasalo (at) oulu.fi