Controller - Oulu or Espoo
Detection Technology Plc
With us you do
WORK THAT MATTERS
We are the most trusted partner imaging the unknown by creating foresight capabilities quicker to discover and prevent threats. Our solutions contribute to the improvement of people’s health and safety daily. With us you do work that truly matters.
We are a global provider of off-the-shelf and customized X-ray imaging solutions for medical, security and industrial applications. Our product portfolio ranges from photodiodes to complete detector systems with ASICs, electronics, mechanics and software.
Our net sales totaled EUR 94 million in 2018. With 30% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of net sales we have exceeded the market growth for over five years. We have 240 active customers in over 40 countries.
Detection Technology employs over 500 people in Finland, China, France and the US. The company’s shares are listed on the Nasdaq First North Finland market place.
We are looking for a finance professional to join our global Finance and Administration team. We have an immediate opening for
Are you interested in working in a Controller role in a growing global high-tech company? As our Controller, you will be working in manufacturing business and have a key role in controlling, reporting and supporting development activities in our organization.
Your main responsibilities
- Financial data analysis and reporting to support both Accounting and DT businesses needs
- Continuous and proactive collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders, you will work closely with other functions, like operations, product development, and sales
- Support and challenge the heads of the departments to reach their financial targets
- Develop and maintain a system of internal controls
- Checking and verifying the monthly reports of DT entities
- Participating to local DT Group companies’ closing, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Acting as driving force for development initiatives and process enhancement, such as digitalization/RPA, efficient utilization of reporting tools and excel
- Participate to other development activities and projects as per need. Ensuring successful implementation of development activities
We expect you to have
- University/Business School level education, major in Finance/accounting
- Good knowledge of local (minimum FAS) and International (IAS) accounting standards as well as Accounts consolidation
- Basic understanding of tax rules and regulations, especially from international and transfer pricing rules perspective
- Several years (5+) of work experience in financial/accounting role in International manufacturing and/or Hi-Tech business
- Ability to efficiently analyze results, variances and provide support in creating solutions to identified issues
- Financial management Software experience is preferred, MS Office and SQL based reporting tools experience is a must
- Hands on attitude, independent person, additionally flexibility and adaptability are success factors in this position
- A good oral and written English and Finnish language skill, Chinese language is a plus
You will be reporting to CFO and your location will be in Oulu or Espoo. In your role, you also need to have the ability to relocate or travel regularly to other DT locations in China.
We offer you an opportunity to work and develop yourself in a growing high-tech company operating in global business arenas. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as invite you to a challenging position supported by our international team of professionals.
Please, feel free to contact CFO Petri Hiljanen, +358 40 591 7435 on Tuesday 14 May at 13.00-14.00 (EEST) and Monday 27 May at 13.00-14.00 (EEST) for more information. We look forward to receiving your application including salary request and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Controller” as soon as possible however no later than 28 May 2019.