Controller, Bad Debt Management
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for two Bad Debt Management Controllers in Finance Operations, one for permanent and one for temporary position covering for maternity leave. Both positions are located in Tampere, Finland.
UPM Financial Operations is a customer service oriented global function providing financial expertise for all UPM businesses and functions. We as a team drive to be operationally efficient, performing on a high level to give our very best to our both internal and external customers and stakeholders. In order to succeed in our work we are now looking for new talents to make our organization even more professional, versatile, collaborative and vibrant - ready to take in new challenges!
Greetings from your future colleague:
“UPM Bad Debt Management team is responsible for legal collection and insolvency related matters for all UPM businesses and regions. This is a great opportunity to join a team with a truly global role - you get to be in touch with people from all over the world!
Your future colleagues are professional but also fun to work with; we have a very good team spirit and I find it very important in our small team. All individuals are trusted with responsibility, yet we support each other in the daily work. Our team’s expertise area is challenging but also very interesting, and you constantly learn new things. The whole team is looking forward having a new colleague with a can-do attitude and a drive for continuous improvement!” – Anni Moskari
What you’ll do
You contribute to the success of the whole team by ensuring high quality bad debt management process and timely actions in close co-operation with the team and stakeholders worldwide.
- Carry out standard bad debt handling processes such as insolvency and legal collection processes
- Co-operate closely with collection agencies and partner lawyers globally
- Carry out bad debt booking and reporting tasks and ensure compliance in own responsibility area
- Process trade credit insurance claims
- Participate in process and tools development projects
- Contribute proactively improvement and development ideas and take initiatives into actions
- Communicate and co-operate actively within your own organization and with other organizations and stakeholders
- Ensure delivering timely, accurate and effective services
Who you are
- You have at least Bachelor’s degree in finance, business law or other related area, or other professional qualification
- You have at least two years of work experience in similar field of responsibility area
- You are fluent in English, other languages are considered an asset
- You are motivated to identify and drive improvements actively in bad debt management process and services
- You have analytical, detail-oriented mindset and the ability to solve problems independently
- You have excellent collaboration, communication and team working skills
- You are flexible, take initiative and have positive attitude towards changing environment with a can-do attitude
- Experience of using SAP, Excel and PowerBI are considered as an asset
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled employees. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Please tell us in your application if you are interested in temporary or permanent Controller position.
For further information please contact Mari Tenkanen, Manager, Bad Debt Management, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358204146273. Contacting hours: 12th of April.at 9.00-10.00 or April 15th at 14.00-15.00.
Please apply via the link above and attach your CV and cover letter by 22nd of April 2019. We start checking applications right away and may invite candidates for interviews already before the deadline.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at tel. +358204146600 or email@example.com.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.