Control SW Developer
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Control SW Developer at ABB Oy Drives Business Line, Helsinki.
- Embedded software development for frequency converters including feature development, optimization and refactoring, internal and external customer support and solving challenging control related problems.
- Control algorithm development for frequency converters, specializing in grid side control
- Refining customer needs together with software team and other stakeholders
- Collaborating with other teams that are developing software and hardware for frequency converters
- Quality assurance in all phases of development work
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in control theory, power systems, automation or software engineering
- Understanding of control theory, including theoretical analysis
- Knowledge of C and C++
- Knowledge of modern software development tools and practices
- Willingness to understand customer need and applications where end product is used
- Quality oriented approach
- Good English skills, both written and spoken
- Ideally you have (seen as an advantage): experience of modeling, simulating and controlling of electrical drives, power converters and power systems, knowledge and experience of Scrum, Python, GIT, Microsoft TFS, Jenkins, static code analysis and MATLAB Simulink, as well as knowledge of power electronics and/or embedded real-time systems
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
We offer a team spirited working environment and challenging and varying work assignments in global environment. Our organization is strongly committed to agile working methods and development and planning are done in Scrum teams. Continuous integration, automated testing and modern development tools are key elements for our daily work. You will have the opportunity for personal development in form of trainings and daily collaboration with other experts. Our global environment offers future career possibilities for example in roles of software architect, scrum master or product owner.
For more info, see below what it means to be part of our software community in ABB Drives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uJr7mTJ7KA&feature=youtu.be
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI71969368 by December 10, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, please contact Ilkka Pekkarinen tel. +358 50 332 2834.