- Oikotie Työpaikat
- Jätä ilmoitus
We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Control and Simulation Specialist at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. In this position, you will have the possibility to become a recognized specialist in developing electrical drivetrains, power converters, renewable power integration and grid codes. Using modern agile software development practices and tools, you will work in a team-spirited, global environment with challenging and varying assignments.
• Developing and implementing control algorithms and simulation models such as wind turbine electrical drivetrain and power converters according to the needs of our customers and partners
• Working together with our customers and partners in defining simulation models and discussing the results
• Developing specialist know-how of ABB’s grid-connected converter products in conjunction with grid codes and grid integration
• Actively developing the methods, tools and models with the control and simulation team.
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career, varying from principal scientist to managing positions depending on your interests.
• M.Sc. or Ph.D. in control theory, electrical machines or power systems
• Modeling and simulation experience of electrical drives, power converters and power systems
• In-depth knowledge of control theory and the control of electrical machines
• Knowledge of the MATLAB Simulink environment
• C and C++ knowledge
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have
• Modeling and simulation experience of electrical motors
• Knowledge of modern software development tools
• Familiarity with Python, GIT, Microsoft TFS, Visual Studio, PSCAD
• Experience of Scrum
• Finnish language skills.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65127021 by June 25, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
For more information, please contact Juha Virtakoivu, tel. +358 50 332 4414.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com