Content Creator & Communications Specialist
Visit Rovaniemi is looking for a skilled Content Creator and Communications Specialist to join its tourism-oriented team for indefinite duration in Rovaniemi!
You will be responsible for creating content for Visit Rovaniemi’s online communications channels, developing our social media accounts, and maintaining this content together with the marketing team. You enjoy working in communications with content provided by over 200 holding companies. You are a creative writer who sums up information smoothly. Neither light social media communication nor more official announcements pose a challenge to you! You write fluent Finnish and English and know how to address our international audience.
Your duties would include informing tourists, the international media and international distribution channels of tourism (B2B) about the resort via newsletters, various social media channels and other media.
Your duties would also include the internal communication of our company network and reporting the performance of the business to the owners.
Your responsibilities will include:
- creating content for our website visitrovaniemi.fi and social media channels (incl. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) as well as writing articles for visitrovaniemi.fi
- external communication; newsletters, news, highlights B2C, B2B
- internal communication to partner companies; newsletters, highlights, relevant matters in the resort region
- monitoring the success of our marketing methods
Our primary expectations of you and your competence:
- you are a skilled and precise writer, you write image and product descriptions mainly in English
- you write tourism and marketing texts and genuinely want to give your all to support Rovaniemi and Lapland
- you have experience in digital marketing and can provide examples of your work
- you can administer social media channels, including FB, Instagram, Twitter
- you have experience in photography and photo editing (with editing software)
- you have no trouble working in a team in a lively open-plan office where your work is constantly interrupted
- you handle work independently and can manage your own duties
- we also value experience in using platforms, for example, Word Press, Mailchimp and Hootsuite, etc.
We offer you access to the heart of tourism in a company that is a pioneer in its field. You will work as a specialist in an accomplished team and in co-operation with the best tourism businesses in Lapland.
Rovaniemi is a spectacular place for living and working: the city full of life and the beautiful and pristine nature provide excellent opportunities for outdoor and sport activities.
Visit Rovaniemi is a super team formed by ten spirited marketing and sales professionals. Our team works cheerfully and with a sense of humour in the hectic and rewarding tourist industry. You will have your own defined responsibilities within our close-knit work community, yet help is always nearby when working in an open-plan office. Get to know us: https://www.visitrovaniemi.fi/fi/tietoa/keita-me-olemme/
The employment is full-time and continues for the time being. Working in Rovaniemi is required.
Sama tehtävä suomeksi löytyy täältä: https://careers.barona.fi/tyopaikka/5d8e0a3e03f0db002058903f/Sisallontuottaja-%26-viestinnan-asiantuntija/
If you feel like one of us and believe in Santa Claus, please submit your application with examples of your work in Barona’s application system by 20 October 2019. Be quick, because the post will be filled when we find the right person! The selected person will make an employment agreement with Rovaniemi Tourism and Marketing Ltd. All applications are processed confidentially.
Additional information: Jyry Lehtoniemi, Service Manager, +358 50 4131220 or Susanna Pohjanen, Senior Consult, +358 505265446, email@example.com.