The Embassy of Japan is currently recruiting local staff who mainly works for Consular Section. The application outline is as follows.
Duties to be carried out in Japanese, Finnish and English at the Consular Section of the Embassy include:
(1) consular tasks at the counter (including telephone and email correspondence) ,
(2) preparation of surveys and documents related to the consular affairs, and
(3) other tasks required by the Embassy
2. Staff hired
3. Working days and hours
Weekdays (excluding holidays determined by the Embassy.)
September-May: from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (lunch break from 12.30 p.m. to 1.30 p.m.)
June-August: From 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (lunch break from 12.00 p.m. to 1.00 p.m.)
4. Qualification requirements
(1) Non-Finnish citizen is required to have a permanent residence permission which allows he/she working in Finland.
(2) High level of Japanese language skills (reading, writing and conversation equivalent to the level N1 of Japanese Language Proficiency Test) in addition to, necessary English and Finnish skills for consular service at the service counter.
(3) Computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
(4) The applicant should be able to start the duties on and after 3rd June 2019.
5. Application Process
An applicant is requested to submit the following document to the address below by mail or email by Friday 30th April 2019, 4.00 p.m.
(1) Requested documents
a) A curriculum vitae in Japanese
b) A copy of identification card or passport
c) A copy of Japanese Language Proficiency Test certificate, English proficiency certificate (TOEIC/TOEFL) or other certificates of language proficiency, if any.
d) A copy of residence permit or equivalent document which proves legal qualification of working in Finland. (For Non-Finnish citizens)
Please note that the documents submitted will not be returned.
(2) Contact Information
Embassy of Japan in Finland
Unioninkatu 20-22, 00130 Helsinki
*Please be sure to write ”職員募集(Staff recruitment)” in red and in Japanese on the front side of the envelope. Also, provide an email address and a telephone number via which you can be reached.
6. Selection process
(1) First screening: The applicants will be selected based on document screening.
Only those who are selected will be contacted by Monday 6th May 2019 5:00 p.m.
(2) Second screening: Those who have passed the first screening will be invited to the second screening (Japanese and Finish test and an interview) Second screening will take place between 8th and 10th of May.
The date and time will be informed directly to the selected applicants.
Any inquiries related to the application process are requested to be sent to the following email address.
Please refrain from contacting the Consular Counter in the Embassy directly or by telephone.