Site Manager (Off Site)
Site management is an important part when implementing Metso Outotec’s plant deliveries. At Espoo, we design and deliver modern Hydro metallurgical and mineral processing plants to customers all around the world. Construction management ensures our deliveries are constructed/Installed according to the requirements, bringing our delivery to the end, to the Client’s satisfaction. It also ensures in-depth co-ordination across all disciplines within the organization to put forth most optimized services and solutions pertaining to quality, cost, resources and overall support to Metso Outotec sales and Delivery teams, governing Construction/Site Management.
We are now looking for a Site Manager (Off Site) to work within Metso Outotec’s global Site/construction management team. You will be given an exciting opportunity to work in an international setup and in a central role with Metso Outotec’s EPC projects’ proposal and sales phases, covering the responsibility of construction and site management. You will be based in Espoo, Finland.
As Site Manager (Off Site), you will:
Within a Proposal Phase (Primary job)
- Advise on construction/Installation related design steps of disciplines in terms of constructability.
- Prepare Estimations for Site deployments/manning based on project requirements with Metso Outotec’s established templates/format.
- Prepare or support preparing Milestone schedule, as required.
- Coordinate interfaces in plant delivery project with other areas, disciplines, contractors, or battery limits.
- Create and issue request for quotations for the construction contractors (together with proposal team), prepare bid comparison, lead construction supplier selection process, audit of selected bidders, negotiate the subcontracts as a leader of the team.
- Participate in the risk assessments for the proposal.
- Advise in construction/subcontracting strategy planning.
- Review proposals document regarding construction topics
Within an Execution Phase (Secondary job)
- Is the lead engineer construction for the planning phase of a EPC project, from Home office.
- Prepare the baseline schedule Level III for the assigned construction site
- Coordinate incoming materials and erection documentation in due time
- Release the Construction Execution Plan with annexes including QAQC and EHS plans
- Accountable for placing the subcontracts in due time prior to the mobilization
- Provide monthly updates of progress for the home office deliverables
- In charge of construction home office budget for the projects assigned to.
- Coordinate all activities prior to mobilization on site (client´s, subcontractor´s and internals)
To succeed, you will need:
- Bachelor (B.Sc.) or Master (M.Sc.) degree in Construction/Mechanical engineering or similar
- At least 8 years’ experience in construction related works
- Experience on a foreign industrial plant construction sites is an advantage.
- Deep execution skills related to at least one discipline of construction works: e.g. Civil, Mechanical, E/I
- Deep knowledge about EHS requirements on construction sites.
- Deep skills in quality requirements of industrial plants
- Understanding of Controls Tools for Cost and Schedule
- Well-founded skills in Contract & Claims management
- Very good written and spoken English
- Experience as a site manager on an EPC project is an advantage
- Ability to slip into a construction manager role on site is an advantage
Apply by sending your resume and application through Metso-Outotec Careers page latest by June 5, 2022. Please include your salary request in your application.
For more information:
Rono Chakraborty Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director – Site Management, HDR & Plant Solutions (Minerals BA)