ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Condition Monitoring Engineer at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports in Helsinki. In this position, you will execute condition monitoring related services for Azipod propulsion systems. You will work for the Propulsion Services unit as a member of the Condition Monitoring team.
• Day to day condition monitoring services and reporting
• Collection, maintenance, and analysis of Azipod condition monitoring information and reporting
• Resolution of identified issues and communication with customer
• A challenging position in a modern working environment
• A motivational international and global working environment
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• The possibility to develop your technical knowledge of marine systems
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering (mechanical or other relevant field)
• Understanding of condition monitoring methods and failure diagnosis techniques for rotating machines
• Customer-oriented team worker with good communication and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Previous work experience in condition monitoring services, especially in the areas of vibration monitoring and oil and wear debris analysis
• Knowledge of tribology and reliability engineering skills
• Familiarity with MS Office tools
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI63592208 by August 19, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Juha Viitakangas, on August 9 or August 15 at noon-3p.m., tel. +358503327210.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com