Compute environment specialist
CSC - Tieteen tietotekniikan keskus Oy
CSC - IT Center for Science is now looking for a HPC compute environment specialist to be part of a team supporting and developing a modern and robust HPC environment. CSC is deploying a new national supercomputer in 2020, and is preparing to deploy the new pre-Exascale Lumi system in 2021. Along with these new systems (https://research.csc.fi/techspecs) we are also adding new services, and modernizing the user experience, to support new use cases and to offer better support for traditional HPC users.
As a HPC compute environment specialist your tasks may include some of the following ones:
- piloting graphical access to HPC resources (Open OnDemand, VNCs, notebooks)
- improving monitoring and analysis of jobs and resource usage (custom daemons, graylog,
grafana, open xdmod, …)
- planning and improving the software stack including compilers, libraries, performance tools,
- developing HPC storage work-flows (Lustre, Ceph)
- installation of software, containers for HPC (singularity, spack, environment modules)
- user documentation, customer and internal support and training.
Who is CSC you ask? We are the national supercomputing center in Finland and have a wide selection of modern HPC services, cloud services and Ceph object storage. Additionally, we also offer a range of other IT services for research, education, culture and public administration in Finland.
What we are looking for:
- A technology oriented person who enjoys solving customers' issues and developing a
modern HPC environment
- Experience in technologies related to the listed tasks is appreciated
- Coding knowledge in at least one language is required
- Experience in using and managing HPC systems is highly regarded
- A background in science, or in supporting scientists, is appreciated
What can CSC offer you as an employee? We offer a unique work environment with the newest computational environments for researchers. You will do work that benefits science widely and you will have a possibility to learn modern technologies, and gain skills that are in strong demand.
Please send your application by 24th of January 2020 via our recruitment portal www.csc.fi/careers