Are you looking for a new opportunity in the field of Compliance and Trade Compliance in an organisation that strongly supports professional growth? Would you like to use your expertise to drive a sustainable future while working in an inspiring community at the cutting edge of science and technology? Do you enjoy helping out not only in complying with laws and regulations but also enhancing high standards in ethics and corporate responsibility together with your team. If yes, VTT might be just the place for you.
VTT is one of the leading research organisations in Europe. What unites us at VTT are curiosity, a passion for learning and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2000 brilliant minds is focused on creating impact through science-based innovation. Get to know us further by exploring VTT’s research infra at VTT World.
We are now looking for Compliance Officer to join our team.
As a Compliance Officer your key goals are ensuring compliance of VTT’s operations with legislation, regulations and internal policies. In this position, you will have an essential role in enhancing VTT’s values, good corporate governance, and high standards in ethics at VTT as a member of our Governance team. You will also make sure that VTT’s research projects are aware of export control requirements and will apply an export license if needed.
Our Governance team led by General Counsel works on issues relating to Corporate Governance, Risk Management, Internal monitoring; Internal Auditing, Compliance and Export Control. We are supporting VTT’s line management and researchers to perform their roles and enabling them to concentrate on science and technology.
As a Compliance Officer, your responsibilities include:
- Identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting of compliance matters in order to ensure compliance of VTT’s operations with legislation and regulations as well as VTT’s own processes and policies.
- Delivering the Compliance Management Program elements into every day life of VTTers
- Refining current VTT’s export control procedures to a solid Trade compliance programme including a supporting toolbox
- Training VTT’s line management and Sales
- Taking part into VTT’s Sustainability Program’s development work, e.g. Trade Compliance related issues
Who we are looking for:
To perform successfully we expect you to have
- Minimum experience of 3 years in a compliance / Trade Compliance matters
- Master's degree in relevant field (e.g. Law, Technology, Administration)
- Fluency both in written and spoken English and Finnish
- Understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Experience in risk management will be considered as a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of GDPR as well as research ethics will be considered as a plus
- Understanding of Research and Innovation activities either in a Research Organization or R&D in a company will be considered as a plus
As a person, we hope you:
- have a curious and solution-oriented mindset. You have strong self-leadership and collaboration skills, and the ability and courage to bring forward your findings and produce solutions that will benefit our business.Yo have good communication and collaboration skills.
With VTT, you’ll enjoy: / What we offer:
- Work with a strong purpose. At VTT, you’ll get to use your professional expertise to help solve the greatest challenges of our time through science and innovation. Our research agenda is dedicated to creating solving systemic and technological challenges, such as reaching carbon neutrality and creating superior digital systems. At VTT, you’ll get to do your part in driving this meaningful change through your own professional skills. Read more about our strategy – the path of exponential hope.
- An inspiring community. VTT houses all the cutting-edge fields of innovation from quantum technology to synthetic biology under one roof. As a professional at VTT, you’ll get to witness and influence the future of science and technology as it happens.
- Career and learning opportunities. As a scientific expert organisation, we put a lot of emphasis on learning and development, and support our people in reaching their full potential. People tend to stay at VTT for more than 10 years, as we offer opportunities to develop and grow into new responsibilities. If you’re curious, ambitious and willing to learn, VTT is the place to take your career to the next level.
- Support for your well-being. Our people are our main asset, so we take good care of them. We aim to nurture great team spirit and leadership and offer versatile well-being services to enable a good work–life balance. On top of 6 weeks of paid holidays we offer exercise and culture benefits, hobby clubs, and voluntary well-being services such as meditation programmes and trainings on cognitive ergonomics.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Please send your CV and application with your salary request via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by 16th of November 2021. We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Interested and want to hear more?
For further information, please contact General Counsel Matti Karhunen, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 040-1603719 on October 28 at 15.30-17.00 am or November 2 at 10.00-11.30.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Location: Espoo, Otaniemi