Compliance Officer at SEB in Helsinki
As our current Compliance Officer takes up a new challenge within SEB, we are now looking for a new Compliance Officer to join our Group Compliance organization in Finland.
The Compliance Function in the SEB Group is global and independent from the business organisation, responsible for ensuring compliance quality and for driving and promoting compliance issues on behalf of the management and the Board of Directors. The Compliance function inform, advice, control and follow-up on all compliance issues. The Compliance function actively advise the business and management, thereby securing that SEB’s business is carried out in compliance with regulatory requirements and reinforcing trustworthiness in the eye of SEB’s customers, shareholders and the financial markets.
- Provide pro-active and expert advisory services on compliance issues to the business and management
- Advise on regulatory/compliance risks associated with business cases and new products, processes, services and product concepts
- Identify regulatory developments
- Develop SEB’s internal rules within the compliance area, and communicate changes in internal rules
- Provide information and training on compliance issues to all relevant employees
- Investigate and report on suspicious activities (money laundering, terrorist financing and market abuse)
- Perform compliance monitoring activities and follow up and report on outcome of monitoring with focus on market conduct and investor protection
- Conduct investigations of incidents within the Compliance area, including responses to requests from regulatory authorities
- University degree in law
- At least 3 years of relevant control function experience, preferably within compliance
- Previous knowledge and work experience with the AML, fund management, financial market regulatory environment and investment banking is seen as an advantage
- Ability to analyze, structure, co-ordinate and organize tasks in a busy environment and to work independently
- Good collaboration and communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English and Finnish, Swedish is seen as an advantage
- You have a high level of integrity, good judgment and personal courage to ensure independence
- You have a positive attitude and strong drive
- Your communication skills are excellent and you have good social competence
- You have strong analytical skills and can prioritize
Welcome with your application
Attach your CV and a personal letter describing yourself and how you can contribute to SEB. Since we select candidates on running bases, feel free to send in your application today, but no later than May 5th 2019. Apply by using the “apply” button on our homepage www.seb.fi/rekrytointi. If you have questions about the position you can contact Heidi Ahovaara, Head of Compliance Finland on telephone +358 40 8080 675.