Are you a sanctions compliance professional with technical talent and experience with automated screening technologies? Do you have a solid understanding of regulatory expectations to sanctions screening, the associated requirements and risks? Danske Bank’s Sanctions Controls & Technology team is looking for a Compliance Officer to join a team of seasoned experts who all share passion for technology.
The Sanctions Controls & Technology team is part of the Sanctions & Embargo function in Group Compliance, and is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of Danske Bank Group’s sanctions screening domain with a specific focus on screening technology and associated processes and controls. The team also closely supports the wider organization in establishing and improving relevant controls and processes to ensure that they are developed, executed, and maintained in compliance with relevant requirements.
By joining Danske Bank Group Compliance, you will become part of a growing international team working to ensure integrity across the Bank’s participation in financial markets and in society. Danske Bank has a firm commitment to ensuring compliance with international sanctions, and you will be part of a strong 2nd Line of Defence team at the forefront of the Bank’s compliance efforts.
This is a permanent position which can be located in Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm or Oslo according to your preference.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Continuously evaluating the Bank’s sanctions risk and sanctions screening framework, identifying areas of improvement, and develop clear remediation recommendations
- Driving change initiatives (or participating as a sanctions compliance SME) that focus on enhancing the Bank’s technical sanctions compliance framework and controls
- Supporting 1st Line of Defence in the interpretation of relevant Group policies and instructions concerning the sanctions screening domain
- Contribute to the technology development agenda of Group Compliance, identifying and championing new technologies that help the Bank deliver an effective sanctions compliance programme
- Taking part in the development of the Sanctions & Embargo function together with the wider team
What you will need to succeed:
- Collaboration skills. The job requires collaboration with units responsible for technology and operations in the sanctions screening domain (e.g. application and product owners) and with 1st Line of Defence risk counterparts.
- Communication skills. It's important that you are able to communicate complex topics with ease and also being able to change your approach with different stakeholders who are involved on sanctions advisory services, monitoring, directing and requirement setting.
- Content knowledge. The majority of tasks require in-depth knowledge of sanctions laws and regulations, industry standards and best practices as they pertain to sanctions risk management and screening systems (e.g. model risk management, alert risk scoring and alert optimization). With this in mind, a relevant Master’s degree and previous experience (3+ years) with sanctions compliance tasks is needed. Knowledge of financial industry messaging standards and associated schemes (e.g. SWIFT, SEPA) as well as the payments industry in general is an advantage.
- Readiness to learn. Willingness to stay up-to-date with the changing regulatory landscape, technological industry advancements, and market practices is important in this role.
- High proficiency in spoken and written English, which is the language used across Group Compliance.
What you will get in return
You will become a part of a journey to build a best-in-class sanctions compliance programme in the Nordics that takes advantage of cutting-edge technology that supports Danske Bank in the effective mitigation of sanctions risk. We offer you an inclusive work environment where you will contribute to our and your personal growth. If you can see yourself thriving in a fun, dynamic, diverse, business-aware and outcome-centric Group Compliance department - now is the time to join!
Send application and CV no later than 30th of June 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Ilari Anton Lehtinen, Head of Sanctions Controls & Technology by email at email@example.com or give him a call on the following times (CET): 17th of June 10AM – 11AM, 18th of June 10.30AM – 11AM, 1st of July 2021 11.30AM – 12.00PM.