Communications Manager (fixed-term)
Passionate about communications and inspiring content? Enjoy taking care of media relations also in the global arena? If you are eager to make a difference and tell stories about how to solve global challenges, this is your place!
VTT is one of the leading research organisations in Europe. What unites us at VTT are curiosity, a passion for learning and a devotion to finding solutions to global challenges and answers to our customers’ needs. VTT’s Communications Team is part of its Marketing and Communications organization. Our goal is to drive VTT’s sustainable growth and positioning with high-performance, world-class marketing and communications – thinking beyond the obvious. We are focused & result-oriented, agile & collaborative and we combine strategy with real-time execution.
We are now looking for a Communications Manager to act as a fixed-term parental leave substitute and be responsible for multi-channel communications and to enhance VTT’s visibility in Finnish and global media. We are looking for a person who brings positive energy, insight and new ideas to our dynamic & engaging working community and has a can-do attitude. This is a fixed-term employment until the end of 2021. Ideally, we would like you to start in November or December 2020.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Leading business area communications and projects in co-operation with business and research area leaders, marketing and external partners. The inspiring topics you get to work with vary from e.g. quantum, space to health technologies.
- Planning, developing and producing multi-channel communications aligned with VTT’s goals, content strategy and business area targets
- Proactively developing VTT’s media communications and enhancing media relations in different Finnish and international media
- Sparring experts & leaders in supporting VTT’s thought leadership and visibility in media and social media
- Developing media monitoring and analytics
- As Communications Business Partner to VTT’s business area Knowledge-intensive products and services you will participate in its Leadership Team meetings
- Social media management
We are looking for:
For this position, we are looking for a person with at least three years of experience in various communications project management and development positions. You possess strong experience in media relations in Finnish and in international media and you are experienced in working with external partners. You understand different audiences and can set content in a broader societal frame. In addition, you have a variety of multichannel content production skills.
Ideally, you hold a university degree in communications or a related field. In addition, you have excellent written and spoken communication skills, both in Finnish and English.
As a person you have:
- a goal and self-driven mind-set, you work well in teams and independently
- excellent networking, presentation & project management skills
- the skill to turn innovations into compelling stories for the media and other stakeholders
- the ability to work well under pressure with experience in crisis communications and management issues in the digital era
What we offer for you
VTT provides an inspiring working environment that pools together world-class research, innovations and top experts. Our mission is to create impact that generates sustainable growth and wellbeing in society as well as in industry.
Our people are the core of the next generation VTT. Therefore, our personnel’s wellbeing, flexible work opportunities and competence development are key priorities for us. With us, you can make an impact for a better future and you can be part of solving the biggest challenges of our time.
Interested and want to hear more?
For more information, please contact Communications Lead Leena Rantasalo (+358 50 300 7980) Sept. 25th at 14−15, Oct. 1st at 15−16. or Oct 7th 14−15.
Make sure to send your application as soon as possible as but 11.10.2020 at the latest! We will start reviewing applications already during the application period.
Apply between 18 September 2020 and 11th October 2020 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
VTT is a visionary research, development and innovation partner. We drive sustainable growth and tackle the biggest global challenges of our time and turn them into growth opportunities. We go beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. We have over 75 years of experience of top-level research and science-based results. VTT´s turnover and other operating income is 258 M€. VTT is at the sweet spot where innovation and business come together.
VTT – beyond the obvious.