Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. As an energy system integrator, we – Wärtsilians - understand, design, build and serve optimal power systems for future generations. Our solutions provide the needed flexibility to integrate renewables and secure power system reliability. We support our customers over the lifecycle of their installations with services that enable increased efficiency and guaranteed performance. Did you know that Wärtsilä has 72 GW of installed power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä Projects Oy is looking for skilled and enthusiastic Commission Manager. You will get to plan, lead and manage commissioning activities and team at site. We are looking for a person, who enjoys the opportunity to use and enlarge the expertise in an international and dynamic environment. Projects, production locations, Wärtsilä offices, customers and suppliers can be found all over the world. Are you interested in working in a successful global team and with people from different cultures and with various backgrounds?
You will work mostly at site assignments abroad, and the home office location is either in Turku or Vaasa, Finland. Please note that relocation costs and/or immigration support is not available for this position.
- Plan, lead and manage start-up, performance tests and handing-over activities at site
- Lead the commissioning team at site
- Co-operate and communicate with the stakeholders concerning activities related to testing and commissioning
- Ensure proper and safe commissioning and performance testing procedures
- Manage integration of project quality documentation to commissioning procedures
- Maintain good customer relations and team spirit at site
- Safeguard the compliance with HSSE policies and minimize the risks
- M.Sc. of B.Sc. in Engineering
- Working experience in similar tasks preferred
- Good leadership, communication, team building and negotiation skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt new technologies
- Ability to adjust to a wide range of conditions and cultural environments
- Project Management knowledge is an advantage
- Good command of English, both oral and written
- Other languages are seen as an advantage
Please apply by 12th April, 2020.
Contact person to give further information:
General Manager, Commissioning Management
We are offering also other interesting Commissioning positions, so check out this position in our team: Automation Commissioning Engineer!