Unique job opportunity available! Are you an engineer with good communication skills and are looking for new opportunities? If you have experience in deployment, for example as a site manager or project manager, you may be the right person for this job. We are now looking for a comissioning manager to work on a 6 month assignment for our global client company ANDRITZ Oy in Chile. If you are eager to develop your skills and not afraid to be outside your comfort zone, apply today! We will proceed in the process as soon as suitable applicants are found.
ABOUT THE ROLE As Comissioning Manager you will work independently with clients as well as with on-site electrical deployment specialists. Your working language will be English. Your work tasks will include client meetings, monitoring work progress, and reporting. Most of your time will spend on site, screwdriver in hand, testing sensors, motors, steering and other mechanical devices. You will monitor the deployment of wood processing plants in pulp mills and ensure the operation of field equipment and instruments. Your duties will also include performing different test runs.
The assignment will comply with Chilean labor laws and you will be working either 5 or 6 days a week, depending on the length of the days. The weekly working time will be about 50 hours / week. The duration of the assignment depends on the project, but is estimated to last about 6 months. Halfway through, a 3-week trip to Finland is planned. During the pandemic, local safety measures and quarantine will be followed.
You are offered
* A unique opportunity to work abroad, in an interesting work environment
* A competitive salary: monthly salary + deployment coefficient + daily allowances
* Our client company ANDRITZ is responsible for all costs including housing, travel expenses, work clothes, computers, pension contributions, and occupational health
* Monitoring the deployment of wood processing plants in pulp mills
* Ensuring the operation of field devices and instruments
* Testing the functionality of the equipment and performing test runs
* Holding client meetings, and weekly meetings
* Monitoring and reporting the work progress
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Suitable education in engineering (B.Sc. / M.Sc.) in e.g., mechanical engineering, process engineering, electrical or automation engineering
* Previous experience in deployment tasks, e.g., as site manager or project manager in the paper-, pulp- or mining industry
* Fluent skills in English and good communication skills
* Good IT skills (MS Office), as well as basic knowledge of AutoCad
Previous experience from pulp mill or a machine workshop environment, as well as experience in repairing cars or mopeds, are considered an advantage.
As an employee you are
* Brave and not afraid to be outside your comfort zone
* Eager to learn new things
* Duration: Depending on the progress of the project, estimated duration is about 6 months. Opportunity to discuss further employment.
* Working time: about 50 h / week, work is done either on 5 or 6 days per week, depending on the length of working days
* Salary: consists of a monthly salary, a deployment coefficient and daily allowances
* Location: Chile
* Contact information: Academic Work is responsible for this recruitment process on behalf of its client company and all inquiries related to the position should be sent to Academic Work.
OTHER INFORMATION Our client company ANDRITZ Oy is an international company with a global market leader position in its field. ANDRITZ offers plants, systems, equipment and services for various industries. The company's main areas are the hydropower industry, the pulp and paper industry, as well as the metal and steel industry. You can find more information about the company here!