We are looking for a Commissioning Engineer for our client company ABB Oy, Marine & Ports. In this role you will be responsible of commissioning and maintaining ABB Marine systems such as rotating machinery, transformers, frequency converters, switchboards, automation and Azipod® propulsion units. If you wish to work in a global technology company with versatile duties and travelling, read more below and apply soon!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Commissioning Engineer you will be working with both internal and external matters with the ABB products and systems. You will be responsible of dealing with the operating vessels warranty and service calls as well as supervising with installations, startups and testing in cooperation with the classification societies and customers. In this position you are required to travel internationally up to 200 days a year. We value an initiative problem-solver, who has knowledge of electrical power systems.
You are offered
* A valuable opportunity to work in big, global company
* An international and professional team around you
* Versatile job tasks
As a consultant at Academic Work, you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future.
* Supervising in installations, startups and testing
* Acceptance testing of the systems in cooperation with the classification societies and the customer
* Warranty and service calls on operating vessels
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Suitable educational background (Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Power Engineering, Automation Engineering or similar)
* Good knowledge of MS Office
* Fluent written and spoken English skills
* Possibility and willingness to travel internationally (up to 200 days per year)
* Excellent co-operation and communication skills
Previous work experience in shipbuilding or similar position, knowledge of ABB Oy products and language skills are seen as an asset.
As a person you are:
* Start: Spring 2022
* Work extent: permanent contract
* Location: Vuosaari, Helsinki
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from our client that all questions regarding the position are handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 147,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability, and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies, and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.